Knowing what to expect from your first visit to a dental office is an important part of making a patient's experience all the more enjoyable. Prior to your arrival, our friendly staff is available to answer any questions that you may have. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by a friendly staff who will provide you information about the office practice and assist Dr. Lee in acquiring your medical and dental history. Soon after you will meet Dr. Lee where you can confidentiality discuss your medical / dental history, goals and expectations regarding your smile. Ample time is allotted for each appointment to ensure that all of your questions and concerns are discussed. You will then be taken to one of our treatment rooms for the following work-up:
- Intra-oral examination and photographic documentation of your teeth and mouth. This will give you a first-hand view of the condition of your gums, teeth and fillings on digital images. We will also take a picture of your smile so you can see how other people see you. These images will be stored for future evaluation, analysis, and comparison. You are allowed to take a copy of any image to share with your family members or friends.
- Oral cancer exam. Extra-oral and intra-oral exam to rule out any potential pathology.
- TMJ and Masticatory muscle palpation.
- Occlusion/Bite classification and analysis.
- Periodontal examination: exact measurement to within a half to a full millimeter of periodontal pocketing and recession. Evaluation of gingival tissue tone, texture and color, furcation involvement, attached gingivae and fremitus.
- Hard tissue exam: examination, charting and analysis of existing fillings and any new decay. All is charted and a copy of the findings can be provided to you on request.